If a home for sale is taking longer to sell than you thought, it may be due to common problems like overpricing, unflattering listing photos, and maintenance issues.
In a new video at realtor.com®, Cara Ameer with Coldwell Banker counts down the five main reasons why homes don’t sell.
1. Pricing: When the price is right, buyers will flock to it. Revisit the comps. Here’s some advice that will help your clients find the magic number.
2. Editing: How is the presentation of the home? Does the décor and furniture work well together to create an attractive, inviting space? A deep-clean, declutter, and some staging may be needed to spruce up your listing. These staging tips can help present the home in a way that appeals to a wide-range of buyers.
3. Photography: How are the photos of the property online? Were the photos taken on a sunny day? Do the photos depict the space in best possible light? If you want a home to appeal to buyers, you’ll want to make sure to avoid these common photo mistakes.
4. Maintenance: Are there any undone maintenance items that the home owners have put off? Tackle any house projects to avoid buyer hesitation.
5. Relaunch as a new listing: Sometimes relaunching may be a strategy to consider. Get a new MLS number, add some new photos, and do some staging to show all the changes you’ve made and give it another go.
Daily Real Estate News | Friday, August 26, 2016
Columnist Jeff Reeves with MarketWatch says right now is the best time ever to invest in real estate. He discounts fears by some about another housing crisis brewing – the uptick in “liar loans” or “Alt-A mortgages” and return of house [...]
If this is a Maintenance Emergency, Call (844) CPi-MGMT ext. 1. All other requests will be addressed within 48 hours.
Maintenance Emergencies include; water leaks, gas odor (call 911, then call Emergency# above), electrical odor (burnt wire), circumstances which may lead to personal injury or [...]